Frequently Asked Questions
- What courses do you play?
- How much does it cost to join and what is included?
- Who are your members?
- Do you have tournaments? How do they work?
- Do I need a handicap to play?
- Can I try out the club before I join?
- Are women and children allowed to join the club?
- Are club standings posted online?
- What is the club schedule?
- Do you post the results of each outing?
- Are there maps to the courses?
- Can I pay my dues online?
What courses do you play?
Courses in San Diego and Southwest Riverside Counties such as:
- The Vineyards in Escondido
- Eagle Crest in Escondido
- Twin Oaks in San Marcos
- Reidy Creek in Escondido
- Temecula Creek Inn in Temecula
- Balboa in San Diego
- Redhawk in Temecula
- The Golf Club at Rancho California in Murrieta
- and several others
How much does it cost to join and what is included?
Annual dues are $65.00 per person. This includes:
- Membership in SCGA for Handicap tracking
- Awards for each outing
We sometimes have the opportunity to purchase shirts with the club logo and name embroidered on them.
Who are your members?
Our members are friends who have invited their friends to join them for a day of fun.
- Everyone is welcome
- There are no requirements to join except a love of golf and a desire to meet new people
Do you have tournaments? How do they work?
Each outing is a tournament.
- All players can participate
- Handicaps are used to determine Course indexes
- Low net score wins the Stroke play contest
- Prize is awarded to 1st place winner of stroke play at each tournament
- Points are awarded for each place, i.e. 1st receives 150 points, 2nd receives 110 points and so forth
- There are four tournaments each year that are classified as "Majors" and the points for those tournaments double, i.e. 1st receives 300 points, 2nd receives 220 points, and so forth
- Points from your 10 best showings accumulate through the year
- The four players with the highest points are entered into a playoff against each other in final tournament of the year
- Lowest number of putts wins the Putting contest at each tournament
- Prize is awarded to 1st place winner of putting contest at each tournament
Do I need a handicap to play?
You do not need a handicap to play but you will not be able to use a net score in the tournaments
- If you already have a handicap, you can use it to immediately play in tournaments
- If you don't have a handicap but have scores from the recent past, we can quickly help you establish a handicap
- Membership in the club gets you access to SCGA for handicap tracking and reporting
Can I try out the club before I join?
Yes! We would love to have you join us and get a feel for our club
- You will be paired with players of your same skill
- Play as much as you like before you join
Are women and children allowed to join the club?
We have several women and youth in the club
- We encourage those youth in middle school and older
- Players of all skill levels may join
Are club standings posted online?
We post standing so that you know where you are in the race to the final tournament. Standings Table
What is the club schedule?
The typical schedule runs from late February through late September or early October. We generally play every other Saturday with a break for a couple of weeks in June. Club Outing Schedule
Do you post the results of each outing?
The results of each tournament are shared at the end of the outing and will be posted on the online soon after the completion of the tournament. Results and Standings
Are there maps to the courses?
Maps to most of the courses can be found on the Course Maps page.
Can I pay my dues online?
Currently we are not able to process dues online. But we are working on adding this feature soon.